The IT wing of the Centre provides technological support to the faculty and students to achieve its object of knowledge creation/dissemination. In this regard, the IT section supports teaching/research activities and operations of the Library and Administration.
IT infrastructure in CDS Campus
- CDS is having its own data centre with state of the art facilities.
- Nine Juniper 3300 switches with 10 Gigabits uplink ports installed in four buildings of the campus. Switches are distributed in nine locations on the campus.
- Fiber network connection from computer centre to other buildings.
- Fortinet 300 D UTM as security device.
- Two HP proliant DL 180 Gen-9 servers.
- One EMC VnXe 3200 SAN Storage
- One Polycom Video conferencing system.
- Virtualization of servers using VMWare.
- Zimbra based Email server for 200 users.
- LibSys Library software for library access.
- Active directory for 300 users.
- File server for storing and sharing data.
- 80 HP desktops and 80 HCL desktops and 10 thin clients for staffs and student use.
- 60 Printers 6 Scanners.
- 100 Mbps NKN(National Knowledge Network ) connectivity and 20Mbps NMEICT connectivity for internet facility in the campus.
- 35 numbers of Cisco and D-link Wi-Fi Access points across the campus including hostel and guest house to provide internet facility.
- Software: Microsoft Windows 10 /Office, Statistical software such as STATA 15, Eviews 9.5, SPSS 22 and Grammarly@edu software as writing assistance for grammar checks in the documents.
Computer Lab: The computer lab houses 15 PCs with Windows10 / Windows 8.1 and other essential software including statistical packages like STATA and E-Views. These lab has been used for computer-based training programmes and workshops regularly.
Students Bay and PhD Bay: Students bay, computation environment, exclusively meant for MA and MPhil students. This centre contains 4 PCs and two printers. PhD Bay is equipped with two computers and a printer, and this facility is exclusively for PhD students. Students Bay and PhD bay are open for students throughout the day.
Library: 13 PCs have been installed in different locations of the CDS library. These PCs are accessible to all library users.
Wi-Fi Facility: CDS campus is fully WI-Fi enabled. All the buildings in the campus are equipped with Wi-Fi facility. Wi-Fi facility is also available in the guest house and the hostels for students.
Software for Faculty and student’s usage: Statistical software STATA 15, Eviews 9.5, SPSS 22 and Grammarly@ edu software as writing assistance for grammar checks in the documents are provided to faculty and students for their education and research purposes.