Areas of specialisation: Industry and Trade
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Economics at IIM Calcutta, from August, 2015 to August 2016
- PhD. in Quantitative Economics in 2015 from Economic Research Unit, Indian Statistical Institute
- Post – Graduation in Economics with specialization in International Economics from University of Calcutta in 2009 (First Class).
- Graduation with Honours in Economics from Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira, University of Calcutta in 2007 (First Class).
- August, 2016- present: Assistant Professor, Centre For Development Studies.
- August, 2015- August 2016: Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Economics Group, Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
1—Junior Research Fellowship, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata in 2009
2–Ramgopal-BimalaAgarwala Medal for highest marks at the University of Calcutta FinalExamination 2007, in Economics Honours
- “Technology licensing under product differentiation” with Dr Neelanjan Sen and Ms Saumya Kaul in Journal of Economics (accepted June 2021)
- “Taxes and Unemployment”, (with MsVandana T. R.), International Journal of Economic Theory (accepted 28thNovember, 2020, forthcoming).
- “Tariffs, efficiency wages and unemployment”, (with Mr Kumar Shubham), Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Volume 18, December 2018.
- “Political Regime Change and State Performance”, (with Dr DebojyotiMazumder), Review of Economics and Institutions, Volume-8, No.1, Spring 2017.
- “Indirect taxes in oligopoly in presence of licensing opportunities” with Dr Neelanjan Sen, in Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer NewYork, Volume 17, March 2016.
- “Trade Negotiations under Alternative Bargaining Structure” (November 2015) with Neelanjan Sen, Economics & Politics, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 509-523.
- “Innovation and labour mobility” (November 2015), Journal of Economics, Springer Verlag, Vol.116, No. 3, pp. 229-246.
- “Tariffs that may fail to protect: A model of trade and public goods” (June 2015), EconomicsBulletin, Access Econ, Vol. 35, No. 1, 361-370.
- “Capital inflow, import volume and immiserizing growth” (2013), Keio Economic Studies,Keio Economic Society, Vol. 49, pp. 31-44.
- “Metzler Paradox and home market effects in presence of internationally mobile capital and non-traded goods”
- ‘’Political Nepotism in Frictional Labour market” with Dr DebojyotiMazumder.
- ‘’Efficiency of indirect taxes in oligopoly in the presence of fixed costs of production” withDr Neelanjan Sen
- ‘’Welfare costs of tariffs with firm heterogeneity”
- AE 203 Topics in Trade and Development
- AE 107 International Economics
- AE 101 Fundamentals of Microeconomic Theory
- Certificate Course on Advanced Economic Theory